Sunday, September 14, 2008

Moon cake festival


Today is the moon cake festival or mid autumn celebration.

Its started to rain in evening around 3pm until 7pm and its quite disappointing as the moon was hidden by the rain cloud.

Anyway, we still continue our prayers even though the moon is not out. Most of the people have asked me this question why we are praying to the moon as the man have already landed on the moon and found no fairies at all. This about the fairies is just one of the stories that I mentioned in the earlier post. If you would like to know actual story, you got to do some research in the internet.

As for me, this is one of our Chinese festival which I think we should continue to remind our children or grandchildren that there is such festival or else it will be totally lost forever.

1 comment:

Banaena said...

This is one of my favourite festivals because of the yummy mooncakes...hehe.