Sunday, November 9, 2008

2009 Activities Planning


Time flies, once again, it's the wonderful time of the year when everyone is busy scheduling their annual leaves and going on vacation. Sadly..this is not the case for me. This time of the year is definitely not my holiday season. I have been crunching figures in my office for the past few weeks doing my 2009 annual operating plan. Look, I ain't an accountant, but the whole world is chasing for my figures. As if their failure and success lies in those numbers. Sigh..

In fact, the target setting task is pretty simple. Well, not that I love to boast. Honestly I am very good in Excel (format and formula setting only ma..).. if only the top guns can make up their minds at once.

When comes to target setting, it's always top-down(well..who doesn't know..). More often than not, it can be a headache turned migraine when a bunch of fickle-minded heads enjoy playing you around with their so-called foresight. I believe all top management people have since developed physic power, they can foretell...God knows!


Even a non-MBA can tell you that target setting is not a matter of plucking numbers from the sky but rather to set an achievable number in sync with the capacity planning. However, this is always not the case for some companies , at least for those that i worked with. I think this has become a chronic illness for most corporations 0f which their top level people have never failed to come out with a target that is totally absurd and meant for the insanity. Perhaps, targets are meant to fail and not meant to be achieved!

Well..so much about the bitter part of my working life. Anyway, the moment when I walked out from office, I have never brought this migraine back home with me. Life goes on like usual day in and day out and I always love to make sure that I have a mix of non-working related and soul-fulfilling activities to fill up the blanks of my daily life. This is what they called practicing work-life balance. Though I do have a few nights startled in the middle of dream out of sheer mental excitement ."Bingo! I hit the figure!" (dreamed about work) "Rock forward to the left and cha cha cha(line dancing steps....Hahaha!)

Oh..i nearly forgot the subject of this article is not about my office activities planning (too bad, got carried away with the intro). Actually, the main objective for me putting this subject title is to be in tune with the spirit of this year-end joy. I thought of giving a piece of my mind to the suggestion board for our next year activities planning. Below is the 2009 activities planner for your considerations:

Jan-09 Linedance party

Feb-09 CNY get-together (Pot Luck cum line dancing party at SRI MURNI)


Mar-09 Visitation to homes (in conjunction of CNY,
can rejoice with the kids or old folks)

Apr-09 Short day trip/jalan-jalan cari makan

May / Celebrating
our line dance instructor's birthday..
June-09 (Excuse me, is Joyce's birthday somewhere around this time?)

July-09 Linedance party

August / Hungry Ghost/Mooncake festival potluck
Sept-09

Oct-09 Another trip (Overseas trip?)

Nov/
Linedance party/Visitation to homes
Dec-09 (rejoice for Christmas or "Dong" festival)


I believe the above list is non-exhaustive. Well..a plan is always a plan. To materialize it, again, allow me to stress that it all depends on our individual and group capacity (I got study management one lar...)

Open for discussion, better plan than not plan at all, right?

Cheers!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Cheryl, cool down lah. I think u over carried away with the planning. Anyway, Joyce birthday is on th 3 of April. I remembered it very well cause my birthday also falls on April.....

Banaena said...

Hmmm....cool! Is that a hint?
Ok lar, celebrate for the chief editor and line dance sifu together lor. Yup, i remember u told me Lam took u for korean bbq.