Friday, July 11, 2008

Are They Not Taught in School?

I was at the IRD Jalan Duta on Wednesday morning (9/7) to submit the monthly PCB. Since today is the 2nd last day for submission, there was a larger crowd. There is a ticket/queue machine at the entrance in Level 1, where we have to take our Q ticket before proceeding to the counters. You just pressed A for PCB with diskette , B for blah blah, C for blah blah and so on.

Was queing up with 3-4 persons behind me for my turn to press for a ticket..when my turn arrived. tiba tiba this young Malay guy just walked in front of me and wanted to press the machine.. my blood was boiling oledi b'cos, first i had to wait 30 minutes under the hot sun for a legal parking bay , and now this guy pandai pandai want to cut Q ...wah wah wah..no manners betul. I oledi bengang and refused to let him bypass me..so I pressed the button b4 he cud do it, and turn around, asking him - Mana you punya q.. kawan?

And he sheepishly walked to the back of the lane. Dun the younger generation have any manners at all, want to cut Q in front of a makcik..

2 comments:

Christina said...

This is because his parents also like that. This incident happens to me too but jump Q by this older than me bit woman. It happen at a petrol station, I was at the second place and this so called old lady jump Q. At first, I thaught she was just asking for direction then she pay for the petrol money, I then also very very mad, I say auntie u need to Q up but she ignore me and go. I asked the cashier why u let her jump Q and he said she is an old lady and I told him(the cashier) I am also old, older then him! What a lady, she never knew about manners and so is her children.

Banaena said...

i kinda agree with u cos after 50 years of independence, this is still a rampant social problem and I owe it to mentality and attitude of some people. This makes me shameful to be a Malaysina! There are still many who are selfish and much lacking of civic consciousness though they may be highly educated. I supposed it is not taught by their parents or it is very much like their way-of-life. e.g. the habit of littering is still firmly rooted with most of our rakyat. Take my office as an example, it has a nice toilet with abundant of tissue paper. However, the floor is always filthy and soaked with soiled tissue or somebody must leave their footprints for the next visitors. Either that or somebody is too lazy to ensure that the toilet is flushed clean. There are 2 sanitary bin in every cubicles and 2 waste basket out side the toilets but yet the used tissues are thrown outside the basket. These people are worse than primary school children....